Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Softball Defeat

Another Tuesday, another defeat for the Attractive Nuisnace. My favorite partof the game was that Dan showed up in barefeet and his pajama pants* and played in the outfield. I immediately called him "Shoeless Joe" leading to this exchange:

"Uh oh, Shoeless Joe Jackson is at the plate."
"He's like a Negro League Hall of Famer up there."
"Um, Joe Jackson was white."

I also found out that I am a selfish stat hog who puts himself before the team. I batted in the bottom of the last inning with runners on and the team down by a few runs. But more importantly, I was a single away from hitting for the cycle. so you bet your sweet ass I shortened my swing and hit single. It didn't matter that we lost, I hit for the cycle, baby!

I'm thinking of ways next week to continue to throw my teammates under the bus.

*Ed Note - I am somewhat disappointed that Dan does not wear pajamas with cartoon characters on them. Had he showed up wearing pants with, say, the Smurfs on them, that would have raised the comedy scale. Plaid is not nearly as funny.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna play ball in my pjs. Can I be on your team? I can spout Latin and pretend to know law stuff and not bat for shit, if that's what it takes.

Anonymous said...

I should have worn my batman pjs.

Why don't they make PJs for adults that still have the feet?

I miss the feet.

Dan

jugraham said...

Defeat, that sounds about right fr you...

Poseur said...

I miss footie pajamas as well. I will now use self-control and not make a horrible defeat pun.

Jon Swanburg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon Swanburg said...

I find it interesting that you mention Shoeless Joe Jackson the day before Deadspin.

Your trend setting is beyond reproach.