Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Dookies Lose, Baby!

I thoroughly enjoyed Maryland punking Duke for the second time this basketball season. I enjoyed calling up my buddy, who is a Duke alum, after the game even more. About the only thing I did not enjoy was that ESPN lost the video feed with about three minutes to go. This is irritating because I absolutely hate sports announcers and tend to watch games with no sound on. But the lack of video forced me turn up the sound.


And listen to Dick Vitale. Who, of course, was sucking up to Duke. And then went on a bizarre rant about how Brtiney Spears isn't going to live to the age of 40 at her current pace. And then back to sucking up to Duke. And then some other random stuff about Jim Boeheim, who coaches the Syracuse team who was noticeably not playing in the game. In fact, he talked about just about everything except for Maryland opening up an eight-point lead to win the game. Which normally would be fine, except I HAD NO VIDEO TO WATCH. I was forced to listen to this guy just ramble incoherently into a microphone for ten minutes.

Which gave me an insight to how readers of this page must feel. So I guess I can't make fun of Dick Vitale anymore. It was awesome, baby.

4 comments:

Richard Pittman said...

I'll definitely need some help come tourney time.

Praise the Highlander said...

Dickie V loves some other schools too baby! Just not mine :(

Richard Pittman said...

I think Vitale is really knowledgeable, and CAN be a good announcer. He just has that personality that he has to crank up to 10 so much. If he'd just keep it down to a 6, I think he'd be great.

Praise the Highlander said...

Dickie V. certainly enjoys his work. As to his knowledge level if spoke intelligibly I might be able to make an evaluation.