Monday, February 19, 2007

Mummies and the Nielsen Family

Next time you're feeling alone in life, consider the case of Vincenzo Ricardo:

The partially mummified body of a man dead for more than a year has been found in a chair in front of his television, which was still on, authorities said.


Which begs the question, who is this guy's electrical provider? I mean, the TV was on for over a year? Didn't they get suspicious when he stopped paying the bill, I don't know, after four months? Exactly what does a guy have to do in Hampton Bays, NY to get his power cut off anyway?

And exactly how mean do you have to be to the neighbors for them not to notice they haven't seen you for over a year? Some people make a pact to get married with a friend if neither has found anyone at a certain age. I'm making a pact with my friends to call me at 3-month intervals to make sure I don't end up being a mummified corpse in front of the TV. I do, however, see the potential downside of my lifetime goal of becoming a crotchety old man.

8 comments:

Praise the Highlander said...

Thanks for your kind comments. There will be some "talk of castration" involved in our next encounter.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a story from my ole hometown of B-Mont, TX...a man decided to ride out Hurricane Rita (not a good idea)--his body was found--that's right a month ago. Rita occurred 2 weeks before my first finals in L-School circa Fall 2005. His family apparently cut him off after he did not show up at a funeral--PS he was dead. So sad...thank goodness I have a roommate.

Poseur said...

Yeah Grove, but both of you could be taken in the same hurricane. And then no one would know what would have happened to either of you.

Sleep tight.

As for Jude, I fully expect there to be retribution. And if jeffy made fun of you in class, I told him to do that. So I'm to blame for that as well. I'm excited about the Terps finally making it back to 500 in ACC play.

Praise the Highlander said...

Wow Baker sending hit men in after me. Good work, you have my respect for a job well done. Fearless and inventive, just my kind of man.

The Tigers on the other hand look like somebody stole their mojo and they can't get it back. Who could have stolen it...hmm???? Oh yeah that would be the Terps. Doh!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Stephen. I will take one for the team here and agree to call you every three months to make sure you're still alive. I'm such a good friend. :-)

Anonymous said...

Maybe the guy had automatic bill pay set up with his bank. A case of modern convenience gone awry.

As for the tiggers, no offense to jude, but this makes the third straight quick start and subsequent late season flameout. although, the meltdown came later this year, so that's progress, right?

Anonymous said...

Can I buy his lazyboy?

I'm just sayin.

--Stokes

Praise the Highlander said...

Yeah Jeff I guess it's progress. Maybe we will have a late season "bounce" and only barely lose to UNC in the ACC tourney.