Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Play Me A Song

Well, the law buddy social came and went, always the social event event of the new quarter. I didn't sign up for a law buddy for the obvious reason that I would make an absolutely terrible law buddy. Not because I have no advice to give (ok, no good advice), but because I have no outlines to give after the Great Computer Crash of 2006. And that would be a great disappointment to whover got stuck with me.

So instead it was an evening of drinks and signing along to the Piano Man. Who, of course, played Piano Man.

I have no practical advice to give that we have almost entirely different professors than the incoming 1Q's. But I hear the WJC likes candy and teddy bears. And I know Simpson plays some mean ping pong, here's us dominating all comers. Even if her name is misspelled on her apron.



So instead of, you know, studying, work on that backhand.

4 comments:

Richard Pittman said...

I never thought it was a good idea to use another student's outline anyway. For one thing, you never know if that other student actually understood any of the material. For another, I did most of my learning through MAKING the outline rather than by STUDYING the outline. Doesn't work if you don't make one.

Heather said...

I like the image of a person sitting at a piano and signing piano man instead of singing it. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Pittman. I have seen a lot of student outlines, reviewing them for content and style. I'm working on an outline classification for posterity and humor. Thank you to the good folks at Poseur HQ for allowing me to steal a little bit of server space to help the cause. Besides, I've been on a relatively long hiatus. I intend to get back into the swing of things.

Love,
Matt

Poseur said...

I think it's a safe bet that my outlines would not be helpful as I did not fully underdstand the subject matter.

Though I do agree that making an outline is the most helpful thing before finals. I like to sit down about a week before the final and make an outline of the whole course, which leads to some outlines which look like they were made by a guy pressed for time.