Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Holidays

Today is one of the greatest days on the calendar. It always puts a spring in my step and a smile on my face. It's the kind of day where the birds sing a little bit louder and the sun shines a little brighter. Every day should be as beautiful as this one.

Some people don't like today, complaining that it is really no big deal. Or that it is a manufactured event, and that this day really isn't that important. It's just another day. These people are cynics, and we should ignore these naysayers while we appreciate the inherent goodness and poetry of this day.

I, of course, am referring to the fact that pitchers and catchers report today. Unfortunately, it is also Valentine's Day, but that won't break my feeling of optimism on this fine day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow--you almost had me going. I thought we were going to have to have a sit down...

Katie said...

very funny

Anonymous said...

Hey! Guess what guess what! Mandy is gonna get cable for me!! WOOT! (She is also from DC and an Orioles fan, btw.)

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't Hallmark make my wife buy me a "Pitchers and Catchers Reporting" card?

Hendricks said...

I hope your anti-Valentine sentiments won't get in the way of you depleting the candy stash at the 517. Cuz it's not the chocolate's fault, man.

OsoDelSol said...

Ha!!!