Sunday, May 27, 2007

Traitors In Red

Is there any place better than a ballpark? We went to two games this weekend, and got to enjoy the Ballpark at Arlington as it became a virtual Fenway South. When Red Sox fans outnumber Oriole fans in Camden Yards, I understand. Boston's not that far away, and it makes a nice day trip. But Arlington?

OK, it turned out that many of those Red Sox fans were not Bostonians making a trip deep in the heart of Texas, but instead native Texans who refuse to root for the home team. We have traitors in our midst. Or, more accurately, you have traitors in your midst. I'm not a Texan, as Matt and Leigh are fond of pointing out. Marylanders might have a problem defending the home turf from the Red Sox Nation, but we at least do not have a problem with turncoats.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those damn Benedict Arnold Texans giving aid and comfort to the Red coats...I mean Sox...I mean Co...oh nevermind. You know, sometimes you are a better Texan then some real Texans. I think this is ground to start revoking "kick ass" licences (all Texans are born with them). Thanks for pointing out the traitors in our midst. As I once pointed out, "It's not revenge he's afta, its a reckoning."


Love,
Matt

Katie said...

I'm not gonna lie, I'm hurt. You were in Arlington and you didn't call me. Don't you realize the Stephen withdrawal has been a little bit much for me.

Poseur said...

Sorry, Katie. I know our separation must be very difficult for you. But I didn't have a car. Stokes just left me at the bar to drink beer and watch lacrosse until my ride to the game arrived.

Oh yeah, Go Hopkins! Duck Fuke!

Anonymous said...

So, did Duke go from no lacrosse team to america's lacrosse team over-night?

Love?
Matt

Poseur said...

Duke went to big fat honkin LOSERS. Hopkins 12, Duke 11! You can't stop the Maryland lacrosse schools.

I think my neighbors are gonna call the cops on me. I've been going nuts.

Anonymous said...

Technically, I didn't leave you at the bar. I was there too, I just happened to be working. And I hooked you up with free queso. That's got to count for something. AND....I introduced you to Heather, the cocktail waitress in F me boots. That's at least a +2 for me.

Stokes

Anonymous said...

it was pretty sweet. I thought Hopkins had blown it with that god-awful third quarter, but hung on for the W. Had dook won, i think we would have never heard the end of it.

Poseur said...

I like Heather. I wasn't complaining. I had beer, lacrosse, and crabcakes. And a hot waitress in black boots. It was a good day.