Thursday, May 10, 2007

Second Thoughts

So far, I am happy with my selection of an emergency backup NL team. The D-backs are 2 games over .500, the O's are 2 games under, so they are filling their role of winning when the O's lose. And they are doing it while six of their eight starters have a batting average below 240. The Snakes are slumping, and they are still winning more than they are losing. And the team is showing remarkable patience with its young, slumping players, refusing to hit the panic button. So I'm not going back on my backup choice.

But the Brewers are making me regret the decision a little bit. Not just because they are tearing up the NL Central and that their best player is a big fat guy. No, first its because they were giving away free prostate exams outside a home game this week, and then giving the examinees two free Brewers tickets to a future game. If the doctor gives you a present after a prostate exam, I do feel you are awfully close to dating. This may be the worst promotion in sports history.

Then I found this site: Pee Your Pants For the Brewers.

I don't think they are kidding. Do yourself a favor and click on the link. And read the "Methods" tab. I'm not jumping ship, but I do feel a tinge of regret. Brewers fans are apparently insane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In other baseball news...

My son took a 6-1 lead into the last inning of his last game against the undefeated and hated Yankees. He struck out the first batter of the inning and got two strikes on the next batter before his pitch count ended his outing.

About 1100 hits and 6 runs later, the hated and still undefeated Yankees took and improbable victory.

Sometimes I think I know what it feels like to be an Orioles fan....

Anonymous said...

glad to know the yankees are hated and despised on all levels of play. I tried to like them after i heard steinbrenner's daughter and grandaughter went to my alma mater and subsequently donated a lot of money to renovate the baseball stadium, but I felt too unclean and had to stop.

on a related note, courtesy of the law firm i have sold my soul to, i will be seeing the dbacks in person on sunday. i'll let you know how they look in person.