Thursday, January 18, 2007

Not Just Rain -- FROZEN Rain

My mom called me last night to make sure I was okay. She had been watching the Weather Channel, and apparently got worried that I somehow would not survive this vicious winter storm which has consisted of, well, rain. Sure, it’s frozen rain, but it’s still rain. My car was covered in ice, but I own and ice scraper, so all the storm cost me was time.

I do firmly believe this is the worst weather on the planet, short catastrophes. And what makes it so lousy is that we were ten degrees away from beautiful. Snow is pretty. Snow is fun. Thirty degrees and wet just sucks eggs. At least I get to wear a silly hat.

And its nice to know my mom worries about me.

3 comments:

OsoDelSol said...

My grandparents did the same thing. They just kept calling til I answered and confirmed that I was alive.

I used a giant pot of hot water on the windshield (not too hot, of course.) It took under five minutes to make the car drivable.

Anonymous said...

Trade you my 60F and sunny for your 30F and sleet...?

I had to explain to a coworker about pogonip this morning. She didn't have a word for "that white icy crust" (she lives up in the mountains, where the real weather happens).

OsoDelSol said...

I just noticed that you linked me.

That's awfully nice of you.