Friday, January 12, 2007

Bust Out the Party Shoes

Today is the most anticipated day of the Baylor Law calendar: law prom. Swanburg’s been bringing the funny all week on this, so go read his stuff and report back. I’ll wait.

Now, that was some thorough comedy. There’s not a whole lot of material left for me. Unlike Swanburg, I did not have to resort to mail order to find a date, as I will attend with someone who may even be able to string together a few sentences if she feels like it. In English, even. To be honest, my date is far out of my league. Here’s hoping she doesn’t figure that out until Saturday.

Helpful tip to first time attendees: the door is in the back. Right across from the cemetery. Because nothing says party time like being able to look out over the final resting place of lots of dead people (and possibly zombies) AND have a great view of the law school. We’re also having law prom at a place which is the home of the world’s largest buffalo hairball. I only know this because it was an actual question I was asked in a game of Trivial Pursuit over the break.

Should be a good time. And I make a solemn oath to all of you that I will not have sex with anyone in the bathroom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're cheating on me??!!!!

Hope its fun!

Cheers!

Poseur said...

Mom?

Is that you?

Anonymous said...

ah...poor baker.

OsoDelSol said...

You know, I actually brought the girl last year that that rumor is abaout, and it wasn't sex. It was making out. And not with me.

I told her last night that those rumors are still alive and well, and she said, "No one's ever going to believe it wasn't sex are they?"

The answer is a resounding, "No."