Saturday, December 16, 2006

Worst. Surprise. Party. Ever.

Hey, kids. Quick tip.

When you are trying to throw a surpirse birthday party for someone, you probably shouldn't park all of the cars out in front of the house. Particularly when every other car has a Baylor Law sticker on it. And there's also this neat invention called a cell phone. The person responsible for bringing the surprisee to the party could have probably called ahead so when they arrived we weren't all in the backyard, making an obscene amount of noise.

The only surprise was how bad law students are at the simple execution of a surprise party. We tried. But the party was a lot of fun. And there was cake. And we all know how I feel about cake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baker,
As the surprisee, I must say that even though there were a few glitches, I was still surprised that my friends were throwing a party for me. I had a really great time and I'm so thankful for everyone that came. But I don't like your blog entry b/c my friends took the time to plan this party for me and even if it wasn't executed perfectly it was still a great time and I'm so lucky to have friends like that.

Poseur said...

I should clarify:

The party was great. The surprise, not so much. I had a blast too.

And, once again, there was cake.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe you were surprised that the surprise wasn't great. We are talking about Me and Ashley keeping a secret from Emily. I'm the person who has a diagnosed case of word vomit. For instance, I almost asked Emily what she was wearing to her party. I was surprised that it went so well! Yeah, it was kind of funny that Emily saw all our cars and heard us laughing - but she was happy anyways (which was the point) AND there was cake!