Thursday, December 14, 2006

Pfc. Claus Is Wrapping the Presents

The Marines came by to pick up the Toys for Tots donations today. We packed the vehicle full in some sort of bizarro martial variation of Santa's sleigh. We were kind of curious why they were wearing flak jackets to pick up donations? Has the Grinch stepped up his campaign against Christmas to include amushes on toy caravans? Or have scientists accidently created the real life Santa Bot, who reigns violence every holiday season on Futurama?



Or maybe they just wore the vests to ward off the amorous advances of the female law students who are, frankly, pretty sick and tired of the lame girly-men who wander around these halls. Swanburg excepted, of course.

I like the Santa Bot theory better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahem...you would be included in that "lame girly-men" category, too, or are you another exception along with swanburg?

Poseur said...

No. I am not an exception. I am incredibly lame, as the archives of this blog will indisputably prove. Supporting the contention I am a girly-man is that the last movie I have seen is The Holiday.

Anonymous said...

Ah, what a classic show, they had both episodes featuring Santa on last night on Adult Swim. Some favorite lines...

Santa Bot: Ho ho ho! It's time to get jolly on your naughty asses!


Santa Bot: Fry and Leela, you've both been very naughty! I checked my list!
Fry: Well, check it twice!
Santa Bot: I perform over fifty mega-checks per second!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too wear a flak jacket on occasion but for wholly separate reasons. Sometimes, I like to pretend I’m 50 Cent and the bullet proof garment makes the experience all that more authentic.

Having said that, I think the armor had less to do with that and more to do with this:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/11/D8LUS1100.html