Tuesday, October 30, 2007

You Are... Penn State And You Suck

In my younger days, I may have been guilty of some bad fan behavior. I have, and still to this day, will "Tiger Bait!" the opposition fans. But I never, ever acted like this. Which is probably the worst fan behavior I've ever seen*:



It's hard to identify the worst part about it, but I'll try: these jerks actually posted this on the internet themselves because they thought it was funny. It has of course now taken on a life of its own, even generating so many complaints even from Penn State's own fanbase that the university has issued a form letter to respond.

Verbal taunting kind of goes with the territory of going to a rival school's home game. Verbal insults probably cross the line, and profanity always does. But physically attacking the other team's fans is not just over the line, it is illegal.

I think the best take on it is from the M-Zone. I will simply add the standard "me, too" to their comments. Look, we're talking about behavior so egregious even MICHIGAN fans know it is wrong.

*Ed Note - OK, excluding soccer hooligans. But soccer hooligans are basically an organized street gang, so that is hardly comparable.

1 comment:

Landscape Contractors Jamaica said...

Lovely blog you havee here