Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Making BLS Better

Osler is soliciting comments again on how to improve the BLS, and I strongly encourage everyone to go over there and leave some constructive comments. Since I actually have my own blog, I can suggest my improvements here.

I like that Baylor has a focus on the practical application of law. It's what attracted me to Waco in the first place. But it seems we lack a real world practical program for students. A legal clinic staffed by Baylor students might be a good way to get our feet wet. I know of students who have driven to Austin in order to work in a legal clinic and there has to be a more convenient option. And I do want to stress that I found my internship at the District Attorney's office to be invaluable.

Also, we need more free food. And a better TV in the student lounge. I mean, what are we? Savages?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. We are.

Anonymous said...

you know, the better TV is a good idea. I proposed this when I was on SBA, and the response was negative. SBA had something like $25,000 available. It spent over $12,000 on "law prom." I don't know where the rest of the money went, but I'm sure somewhere in there a $2,000 on a TV that's visible from the couches around it would be a nice investment on something that lasts more than one night.

Another problem lately has been the coffee. Even after all the posts re: making more, I've still found the pot pretty much empty. I don't know what a solution for this. Is there such a thing as an automatic one? One that grinds/loads the coffee automatically so that a new brew can be started with the press of a button? Sorry, I'm not a coffee maker expert, but there's gotta be a way to fix this problem since people don't seem to be responsible enough to invest 30 seconds doing it.