Monday, April 09, 2007

People Get Checks and Fancy Certificates... Steve Politely Applauds

Not sure what to say about convocation. I wasn't exactly cleaning up the awards and I don't want to make fun of those who did get honored because, well, its pretty cool when your classmates get honored for things. Even if the ceremony was pretty boring, it doesn't take away from the fact I like to see good things happen to my fellow students. I know, its strange, but I actually like the people I hang out with. And the speaker was pretty good, a definite change from other things we've been subjected to.

Hell, there was even quality free food, the standard by which I will judge any event. The chicken wrapped in bacon was particularly good. I'm a sucker for anything wrapped in bacon. All in all, a good event. And a definite improvement over Law Day from last year.

6 comments:

Praise the Highlander said...

Agreed.

Anonymous said...

While I was not in attendance, I did benefit from the excess free food, which was great. Thanks for not eating it all!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, the most significant award was given out at 9:30 last night after the convocation had ended:

Kaleb, my 8 year-old, got the game ball for his contributions to a 6-4, come-from-behind win against the hated Astros.

His key stats:
Hitting: 2-2, Triple, 2RBI
Pitching: 1 2/3 IP, 1H, 1ER, 4K, 1HB, W

I know this post is bad behavior (just a parent bragging on his son), but I also know you and your reader [insert sarcastic laugh] appreciate all things baseball.

Poseur said...

Perhaps Kaleb should get the call up to the next level. I think he could pitch for the Nationals right now.

Anonymous said...

As fascinating as law school parties are, I think its time for an Anna Nicole story. Remember what a hit Britney was?

Anonymous said...

The food wasn't free!! Our student activity fees and tuition $$$$$$$$$$$ pays for that crap.

The only reason people should attend law school events is to get their share of the food that they've already paid for!

Nothing is free...especially here.