Sunday, April 01, 2007

Addiction

I have a bit of a sports addiction problem. It's days like these when I really think I need some sort of professional help. You see, I'm kicking back with a Dr. Pepper watching Colombia play Paraguay in a meaningless soccer match. On Telemundo. And I don't speak a word of Spanish (which actually makes the game even more entertaining).

To review, I am watching a sport no one in Texas cares about between two countries I have no attachment to on a broadcast in a language I do not speak. Is there some sort of pill I can take?

Ooooo... hockey's on NBC. Hold off on the pills.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and then there's the all-important women's final four this evening. You have to like LSU's chances to make it to the final game. And while I wouldn't be shocked to see us make it, Tennessee is much improved from when we beat them earlier this year.

Poseur said...

30 minutes away!

Nothing personal, but I'm rooting for Tennessee. LSU matches up much better with the Vols than with the Heels. Latta would absolutely kill our zone defense. But, if LSU loses, I'll root for the Heels to win it all.

Anonymous said...

Let's recap.

-26 free throws to 8.
-Two of our starters fouled out.
-Back to back offensive fouls in a crucial part of the game.

Yeah, we played sloppy and didn't make the best decisions down the stretch, but it would have been nice to have an evenly called game.

oh, and Mike Patrick can go to hell.

"McCants just picked up that Tennessee player and threw her to the ground!!!"

"Uh Mike, that's a good no-call, their arms were tangled up."

jugraham said...

I really don't have a sports comment, but today in Oral Advocacy, when he asked us if we could picture the "man hobbling down the street" i pictured you...