Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Out of Interesting Topics. Move Along.

I feel the need to be an active blogger during Finals Week. I know you guys* don't want to study, and I'm here to provide at least five good minutes of goofing off before you feel bad about yourself, have another donut, feel even worse about yourself, and then get back to work.

But I'm really running out of things to say. I'm open to topics at this point. Praise and I talked about baseball for about three hours last night while watching a hockey game. The Stars lost, by the way, to a team that was wearing jerseys which looked suspiciously like the old Hartford Whalers jerseys with a different logo.





Actually, go over to Praise's blog and read about his car accident. You think the WJC was kidding when he said insurance companies make money by denying claims? He's not. Praise is reaching the boiling point and is now talking about taking them to court "on general principle". His blog has given a comprehensive picture of how badly an insurance company will try to screw you. But he did leave off the details of the police report, my personal favorite little tidbit of the whole story. Some minor errors on the police report:

- According to the report, Praise was driving a train
- However, it did correctly note he was not wearing a helmet
- Apparently, in this cop's world, I-35 runs east-west
- Praise's sex is "7"

* As Prof CrimLaw would say, I mean "guys" in the Midwestern gender neutral sense

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I blame ESPN for the Vancouver jerseys. They are still bitter that we stole the Whalers from them and won a Stanley Cup. Now they are trying to back a new team and outfit them with Whalers jerseys to get back at us somehow...it's all a conspiracy.

Anonymous said...

Let's talk about how much fun it is to deal with the Baylor Cashier's office. Did you know that it was your fault that it takes the financial aid department a week and a half to disperse funds to the cashier's office which will then take another week to get the funds into your account????? Yes...I would like to know how this inability to place funds in an account is my fault...but "they" will not answer that question. So I thought I would put this question to the great Poseur!!!!

Love,
frustrated student who is stuck in Waco for the summer


Leigh

Poseur said...

I've tricked Leigh into commenting on a post about hockey. Life is good.

Welcome to the Yankee club, babe.

Richard Pittman said...

I think it's funny that you say "Have another donut" in a post about hockey.

Intentional?