Sunday, July 01, 2007

My Brother Gets Hitched




I'm back in Texas. But it was hard to make myself come back. Seriously, how beautiful is the Chesapeake Bay? I got to give my brother credit, he chose a good place for the wedding. St. Michael's was not only the setting for my brother's wedding, it was also the filming location of Wedding Crashers. So you know what it looks like. Hey, it's a place so nice, Michael Jackson bought out the neighboring resort. Trust us, all of the children are accounted for.



As a card-carrying member of the Little Brother's Union, I enjoy tormenting my older brother. David was born old and has always taken the world seriously. I, er, do not. His new wife is an independent free-spirit who loves being the center of attention. Apparently, some people marry a girl like their mom, but David married a girl like his little brother. I'm flattered. I was never really sure he liked me, what with him spending a good portion of his childhood trying to kill me.



And of course, as good Marylanders, we ate lots of crab. I ate crab for three straight meals (steamed crab for dinner, a crab omelet for breakfast, and crabcakes for lunch). Now, I'm back in Texas in my Chesapeake Bay-less, crab-free existence. Sigh. And, to my faithful reader who asked when I will comment on Craig Biggio... well, I will get to it this week. No offense to Astro fans. I'll say something nice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be anxiously awaiting the Biggio post! :)

Anonymous said...

I will take the hint and refuse to mention you in my forthcoming blog entry on the wedding as well.

But don't forget that it was I -- your vegetarian, animal rights activist, hippie-ass and supposedly favourite cousin -- who took that photo of the crab carnage for posterity and the joy of your readers. Yeah, you're welcome.

Poseur said...

1,2,3... Cougars!

You're still my favorite cousin. And I did not mean for the crab parts to end up in the lap of my vegetarian cousin. It was an accident.

Praise the Highlander said...

Did anyone crash the wedding?