Friday, July 13, 2007

Imagining Osler with a Mohawk and Doc Martens


I ran into Osler in the student lounge today, and I was wearing my unofficial finals headphones. I step up to the big boys during this time of the quarter. He asked to listen to my iPod, which always worries me. I'd rather a prof not be exposed to the contents of my iPod.

Luckily, it was The Chinkees, a delightful ska band which are hard to find offensive (outside of the name). And finding out your prof also digs ska is a little disconcerting, though I'm think he's more of a Two-Tone guy, while I go for the punkier Third Wave. I'm having trouble picturing Osler at a Less Than Jake show. Bates? No problem.

Getting punchy from the studying, as you can probably tell. Back to the grind...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today at lunch, some law clerks that do not go to BLS spent not less than 15 minutes discussiing Beckham Spice's hair.

I thought my brain was going to explode...

Poseur said...

BTW - I got your email. I hope you choke on the free lobster bisque. Though that quote was the height of unintentional comedy.

Now, I'm trying to picture a conversation more awkward for the Rev. Let's see, that one involved soccer, the British, AND a man's haircut. I'm stumped.

Anonymous said...

I don't eat fish or lobster or anything ending in "-isque".

Poseur said...

Then I hope you choke on your free steak. I know your summer job rocks. Was it really necessary for you to rub it in?

(I know the answer to this is yes)

Mark Osler said...

Hey, the Mohawk would be a big improvement on this haircut.

And you're right about the two-tone.