Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Baylor Wins! So Does A Guy Named Thor!

Outside of the fact I know nearly nothing about Securities Regulation* and there is a rather high likelihood I'm going to fail that class, today is a great day.

ONE. I finally turned in my independent study on the Constitutionality on gay marriage. So Matt and I can finally elope.

TWO. One of my very favorite cyclists, Thor Hushovd, won today's stage of the Tour de France. I like it when Norwegians named "Thor" do anything well.

THREE. Vitek is now re-opened. Today marked the day I had my first Gutpak in what seems like forever. It's just as good as I remembered.

FOUR. Today is a momentous day in Baylor football history. Really. Today marks the day of Baylor's first every victory over the hated Sooners of Oklahoma. No, seriously.

OU has been forced to forfeit all of their wins from the 2005 season. Among those wins was a game over Baylor. Meaning, the B is now 1-15 all-time versus OU. If you can't beat 'em on the field, beat 'em with an administrative hearing. You don't mess with the B when it comes to administrative hearings. Everyone, let's go toilet paper the Alico Building or something.

Winners never cheat and cheaters never win. Which begs the question, how has Baylor been cheating?

Has anyone seen Red?


*Ed Note -- This is a class which gives you insight into why business people hate lawyers. Hell, after this class, *I* hate lawyers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

O-Who - thats right - they cant win an administrative battle, or manage to have a decent fight song!

Senior Editor Red Andrews said...

Wow! Thanks for the tip, Associate Editor Poseur! Plus, we didn't mean anything by "copy and pasting" your comment. It was more a jest aimed at The Razor than anything, since he thinks he's so funny. Don't tell him I said that.

Beat OU!

Poseur said...

Oh, I thought your comment was funny as well.

You need to update your last time Baylor beat OU tag on bearmeat. The two greatest words in the English language: DE-FAULT!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, the B can't claim a win over 0u. 0u was not forced to forfeit its wins, rather the wins were vacated. This means that the games practically never existed--no opponent can claim a win. This is really crap in my opinion--0u's record needs to reflect how much they suck.