Friday, July 06, 2007

The Octosquid Invasion


I am so never going to swim in the ocean again. There are just way too many creepy things that we can't identify. The octosquid? Are you kidding me? This is going to keep me up at night.

Look at that thing!

Like octopi and squids weren't creepy enough on their own? Now they have some sort of undersea alliance in effect. That's it. I'm not going to Hawaii.

Now let's turn to the guy who found this thing caught in a filter of a deep sea pipeline:
"When we first saw it, I was really delighted because it was new and alive," said Jan War, operations manager at NELHA. "I've never seen anything like that."

Which would be much different than my quote, which would go something like this:
"Holy crap! EEEEK! What the hell is that thing?! I don't need this job! I quit! EEEEEK!"

He's delighted it was new and alive? I'd prefer it was old and dead. Seriously, deep sea creatures scare the living hell out of me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, find myself delighted by its newness and aliveness. I dig on creepy.

Poseur said...

You would, Miss All Creatures Are Special.

Anonymous said...

Indeed, Mister Bugs Are Icky.

OsoDelSol said...

I'm quite delighted that your own quote of yourself includes you squealing like a girl.

Poseur said...

Well, obviously. This is no time to pretend I'm tougher than I am. It's an octosquid! I am afraid and I want my mommy.

Anonymous said...

My Mommy is an Octosquid! You scare me, though, Poseur... you look like some kind of cross between Yogi Bear and John Kruk.