Friday, September 28, 2007

Coffee Is My Friend

As a public service announcement, I would like to echo Matt’s sentiments in the comments. Coffee is the lifeblood of a PC student. My body is 80% water, 19% coffee, and 1% surgical steel. I need that coffee or I will wither and die. I have few true vices*, but my coffee addiction is one. Which means it’s time for the lecture:

If it is before 10 AM, and you drink the last cup of coffee in the pot, you make a new pot. Period. No exceptions. I don’t care if you burst into flames right after pouring that cup. You need to stop, drop, and roll and then get up a make a new pot. It takes all of about thirty seconds. Then go to the burn unit.

This also includes those of you who take some coffee but leave some coffee in the pot, just not enough to make enough for a full cup. You are just trying to avoid your duty to make a new pot in a malicious and fraudulent manner. You leave just a little film of coffee and claim you don’t need to make a new pot? Then you are the sort of person who cheats at solitaire and takes more than one penny from the tray at the convenience store. Stop it.

When your fellow students roll into the student lounge in the morning, they need that coffee in order to make it through the day. There are students walking around with empty sippy cups, and that is just sad.

Think of the children. Make a new pot.

*Ed Note - Just pretend that's true. Thanks.

No comments: