Friday, June 15, 2007

What Happens In Vegas Invariably Does Not stay There

I'm off to Vegas for my brother's bachelor party. If I do not return to class by Monday, assume that I have been arrested and send legal counsel to Vegas. My brother has never been to what I like to call The Greatest City On Earth, but he's not the kind of guy who will get into trouble. Besides, we have an incredibly detailed itinerary, and nowhere on there does it say "Get Arrested". Though "See the Bellagio Fountain" is. These are not the sorts of people who get into trouble.

When my mom called me to scold me for taking him to Vegas so close to his nuptials, she was only worried about me getting into too much trouble since she knows David is a responsible adult. Me? Not so much.

I took the standard little brother tact of blame shifting. This was not my idea. I'm just along for the ride. My mom accepted this answer and asked me who organized the trip. I said Alex. My mom then called Alex's mom to have her scold him. Alex is 33. Let that be a lesson, scoldings from mom never stop.

That's what he gets for giving me an itinerary in Vegas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love D, but jimminy christmas -- who has a detailed itinerary of tourist attractions for the weekend of their bachelor party? (And we all know the fountain is only so-so.) This is why YOU are my evil twin.