Thursday, June 14, 2007

TV Icon Dies

Mr. Wizard died yesterday. Now, my knowledge of science can be charitably be described as “awful”, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t watch Mr. Wizard as a kid. What little I did know can be attributed to him. He was the best science teacher I ever had.

Since I’ve been on a kick recently of calling things overrated, let me say that Mr. Wizard was not overrated. Neither was Mr. Rogers while we’re on the topic. Mr. Wizard sparked some kid’s interest in science who went on to NASA or something, but he at least managed to get me to not hate science, which is a an impressive accomplishment in its own right.

3 comments:

OsoDelSol said...

Plus he could do that thing with the tablecloth. Generally, anyone who can do that gets whatever rating they want as far as I'm concerned.

Anonymous said...

I know this is a post about Mr. Wizard, but I want to say how much I loved Mr. Rogers. I cried when Fred Rogers died, seriously.

Anonymous said...

On a different note...

Now seems like an appropriate time for my favorite blogger to address grades that haven't been posted eight weeks after the two-page exams were written.

Now where did I put my gizmo....?