Thursday, June 21, 2007

The BLS Blogs

A belated welcome to the Baylor Law School blogosphere to my Employment Discrimination teacher, Boiler Babe.* She makes the point that blogs can be narcissistic navel-gazing and promises her blog will not fall into that trap. Besides, I’m already caught in it. Here at Poseur HQ we make no secret of our narcissistic navel gazing. It’s why we use the royal “we”.

Also, while we’re doing some housecleaning, a big congrats to Mr. Acosta of “Love, Matt” fame for getting hired on to work on Osler’s Supreme Court brief. Matt says he is now officially overworked and underpaid.

Incidentally, Matt and I recently took a personality test in the CSO, and it turns out we have the exact same personality. Unfortunately for me, he is smarter and more talented than I am. But at least I have the personality of an overachiever like Matt.** I just need to find the talent.

Maybe I can copy off of him in PC.

* I am extremely tempted to call her this in class. But I won’t because she can fail me on a whim. And her tests are hard enough.

** Yeah. I’m sort of surprised, too.

6 comments:

Senior Editor Red Andrews said...

Poseur,

Would you be interested in joining the BearMeat Alliance as a BearBacker? This requires carrying our whiskey for us as we journey to various Baylor sporting events.

Let us know,

Red Andrews
Senior Editor, These Here BearMeats

Poseur said...

As long as you don't expect all of the whiskey to make it to the event, I'm in.

And I will not renounce my LSU loyalties. Baylor is second in my rooting order. But you do have a better blog.

Senior Editor Red Andrews said...

Excellent. I'll have Vic Feazell, our attorney, draft the paperwork for the Blog Alliance Agreement. Our negotiators will be over in 5-10 days to hammer out the details with you. The down payment is hefty, but worth it.

Welcome aboard the S.S. BearMeat poseur, we won't hold your LSU bias against you. We have spent many a night in fair Louisiana and have always believed it to be the most civilized and yet most barbaric of all the states of the Old South.

Red Andrews
Senior Editor, BearMeat

OsoDelSol said...

They have a personality test in CSO?

Maybe I'll go fail it.

Wilson said...

Thanks for the welcome, but for the record, I never promised not to be narcissistic. I expect to indulge my inner Narcissis.

Mark Osler said...

I took that test at the CSO, and it suggested I should be either a soda jerk or a pedestrian.