Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day Memories

Since I was hanging out with my brother in Vegas, we started swapping Dad Stories in honor of Father’s Day. I won’t bore you with them, but it was nice that we still have such a vibrant picture of the man so many years after he died.

I can still picture all of us in the backyard, my dad teaching my brother how to throw a curveball while I stood in as a batter to help give him a target. Every so often, my brother would “accidentally” let a pitch slip and plunk me with a fastball. It was about then my dad taught me how a catcher is supposed to tackle a batter who is charging the mound.

I really miss those days. But we lived them to their fullest. You don’t ever know how long you are going to have those you love, so its best to treasure those times you do have. They can end sooner than you think and all you’re left with is a bunch of stories like the time your dad walked three miles through the Badlands to get gas. It’s not an even trade, but it will do.

We miss you, Dad.

No comments: