Friday, November 03, 2006

Our Long Wacoan Nightmare Is Over

Finals are behind us. Drinks have been imbibed. Lies have been told. I've been to Hastings to make my ritual Spend Too Much Money On CD's Pilgrimage*. Now, some quick thank yous:

- To Matt for the musical accompaniment to my dramatic reading of the facts on the T&E practice exams.

- To Joanna and Jerry for constantly bickering like an old married couple to make me feel nostalgic.

- To Martin. Because I always end up on his couch somehow.

- To Josh and Justin for letting me beat them at ping pong. Repeatedly. Or at least I'm hoping they let me win. Otherwise, they just suck.

- To Swanburg for keeping up the funny during finals week as I dropped the ball and bitched about google.

- To Haley for driving my drunk ass around Waco.

- To Ann for stealing my coat. It's not like I was wearing a short sleeve short or anything. Nor was it very cold outside last night**.

- To the Reverend for literally walking out of any conversation that turned to finals.

- To Leigh for the hard drive full of music. I now have something to waste a few hours. Or days. OK, months.

- To my roommate for not killing me because he had a Friday exam and I didn't. Sorry about that.

- To everyone who asked me to make them a mix CD the past two weeks. It gave me something to do other than study. I'm particularly proud of the "Punk Drunk Love" comp I made for Sherp. So she better like it. Though I did have to cut the Dickies version of "Nights In White Satin".

- To everyone who made it through another quarter of law boot camp. Good job, guys. Go sleep this one off and be ready to start again on Monday.


* Not that you care, but here is the list of CD's I just blew my loan money on:

The Black Keys - Magic Potion
The Decemberists - Crane Wife
Ani DiFranco - Reprieve
Ben Folds - Supersunnyspeedgraphic, the LP
The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls of America
Ben Kweller - S/T
The Lemonheads - S/T
The Long Winters - Putting the Days to Bed
Man Man - Six Demon Bag
The Paper Chase - Now You Are On Of Us (maybe Bates will play this for the 1Q's)
TV On the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain

** Ed. Note: That was passive aggressive sarcasm. Just in case you couldn't pick up on that with the Finals Brain. Or you aren't in Texas right now and think it is still warm at 2 AM here. It's not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the citation