Monday, April 28, 2008

Free Tibet (Made In China)

OK, is it wrong that I find this really, really funny? That those "Free Tibet" flags that people wave to protest China are actually made in China. How great is that? Who says China isn't ready to compete in the global capitalist market place?

Which begs the question: since the Tibetan flag is illegal in China, does that mean all of those factory workers are now going to prison. Because that's not the sort of thing I'd put past the Chinese government.

And for the record, I honestly could give a fig about Tibet. I have absolutely no emotional energy tied up in the fate of tibet. It's hard for me to conjure a topic I care less about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How 'bout Britney, Paris, or Spitzer. Just to name a few....

Love,
Matt

Anonymous said...

Along those lines, about ten years ago (may still be true today - I don't know), China was the world's largest manufacturer of Bibles. Bibles are illegal in China.