Monday, November 19, 2007

Stats and Monpoly

I'm a firm believer in applying academic rigor to things which essentially have no meaning. It's why I do things like applying statutory construction to the baseball rulebook or invent football statistics for my own use. There is nothing quite like letting a good mind go to waste.

Which is why I must salute the uber-nerd who applied statistical probability in order to figure out how to win at Monopoly. that was an afternoon well-spent. Now, if he could only take the time to analyze Connect Four.

3 comments:

OsoDelSol said...

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=9550421045

Anonymous said...

That...was greatness! Thanks Oso

OsoDelSol said...

What can I say. I'm a giver.

I am now also an adult pants-wetter thanks to that link. But that's more than anyone needed to know....