Monday, November 26, 2007

The Meaning of LSU Losing

I sported the LSU colors after the big defeat. Osler waxed eloquent on the meaning of sports, as if to spite me on my week of defeat.

Actually, I had a good time at the game, and while we tanked the national title, we still can tailgate with the best of them. I personally liked the guy walking around with a pig's head on a stick. Yes, it was a real pig. And I'm an adult and will not let a football game, albeit one my uncle described as the Most Disappointing Loss In LSU History, determine my mood. I had a nice trip and got to see some family I rarely get to see. So it was a good trip and I am in a good mood.

But, God. That game sucked. And I still can't watch football. My new-found maturity only extends so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maturity is overrated.

Take it from much-older-me.

Anonymous said...

the rev is overrated.

Take it from me, just me.