Thursday, January 03, 2008

Tearful Farewells

Well, I'm back in the land of computer access after a blissful holiday spent doing holiday things like Midnight Mass, hanging out with a family full of Davids, and roasting chestnuts and all that.

My mom ruined a perfectly idyllic moment as I was headed to the airport. cut to the scene:

ME: I love you, Mom.
MOM: I love you, David.
ME: I'm not David.

I wasn't upset though. My mom has a husband named David and a child named David. She was just being a good gambler and playing the percentages.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Baker.

Anonymous said...

My mom used to go through all of the boys' names until she got to mine. I'm the eldest and only girl, you'd think that my name would take precedent, but yeah... playing the odds and all.