Thursday, March 06, 2008

Back to BLS

Not having a job has turned out to be surprisingly busy. Job interviews suck up a lot of my time, but the MPRE looms this weekend and I did manage to squeeze in a trip to the Baylor-Texas A&M riot, er, basketball game.

I also made my triumphant return to the BLS courtrooms, to help Matt judge mini direct and cross. As a rule, everyone was pretty good but still raw. And it's pretty cool to get to sit in there and see everyone's potential and realize that in a few months, they will probably reach it because, well, they won't have any choice. Say what you will about PC, it does make you accomplish things you didn't think you could. It's not a whole lot of fun, but getting to step back and see how much progress we have all made in just two quarters is pretty fun.

And no one got a memo. Making the courtroom 50% less evil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm probably the reason that former student judges don't get memo abilities. Though, a workable solution might be, "you give it, you grade it." Since I gave up "work" for lent, It would be sacrilegious for me to hand out a memo in that situation.

Love,
Matt