Sunday, February 17, 2008

Not Relaxing

You know, I thought once you graduated, you'd have time to sit by the pool, drink pina coladas, and otherwise do nothing. Well, that is a big honkin' lie. Not only have I pretty much spent every waking hour of the past week simply studying for the Bar, apparently I'm getting dumber the more I study. My scores on the MBE are actually going down the more of them I take.

This can't be a good sign.

I'm thinking perhaps I should stop studying and should spend more time watching movies. Because that seems to be the only thing which causes my scores to go up. Hopefully, the Bar is easier the second time you take it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will do fine, my friend. If you would like to go over wills, trusts, guardianship, estate admin, and community property (for those of you not in the know these subjects are all tested and comprise less than 20% of the Texas bar) I'm available any time. I probably need the help more than you. Remember, the guy who almost fails is still a lawyer.


Love,
Matt

Anonymous said...

I'm sure both of you will probably pass.

Anonymous said...

It's true, there is a raw probability of that. The official line is 65/35 on Love, Matt, and 52/48 on Baker.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm surprised we're doing that well on the odds. Though, it doesn't bode well that Rev says that he's "sure" we will "probably" pass. Not....inspiring....confidence....


Love,
Matt

Anonymous said...

Baker,
I'm having the same problem with the MBE!!!! I have an inverse relationship going between my score and actual knowledge of the substantive law, while I have a direct relationship betwen the amount of Sex and the City I watch and my score....By the way, I watched your favorite episode and thought of you.

Kim Schroeder