Sunday, February 10, 2008

Graduation!

They gave me a degree!

Actually, that's not entirely true. They gave me a tube telling me that I can get my degree on Thursday, so I'm kind of hoping this is not some sort of elaborate prank. I mean, I got hooded and everything.

My family came to town and my mom was a big a hit. Which is obvious because, well, my mom is awesome. She flew into austin and didn't rent a car or anything, so most of ym weekend was spent driving my mom around, which was one part pain in the ass and about a hundred parts great. She even came by to Martin's patio to have a cocojo*.

Graudation day isn't really about you, it's about the people in your life who helped you get there. When I dropped my mom off today, she told me she had a great time and in fact, that yesterday was one of the best days she's had in a long time. Glad I could help, mom. Thanks for everything.

*Ed. Note -- The cocojo is an invention of Martin. It is perhaps one of the most delicious concotions on the plplanet, and it is named after his beautiful wife. You really should become friends with Martin and have him make you one.

1 comment:

Richard Pittman said...

I strongly suspect you were drunk when typing this.

Congratulations. Just pass the Bar, and you will be one of us.