Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Endorse Another Winner

TJ was named editor of Law Review! Now, I have no real interest in the inner politics of Law Review given that I am both graduated and never was on Law Review in the first place. But TJ's win was an experiement in the power of my endorsing skills.

In my time at the BLS, I was three for three on "official endorsements" on candidates for SBA. Using my name on your SBA advertising was like the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. Automatic win. So TJ took the extra step and tried to see if my powers extended not just to SBA but to Law Review elections.

It does. I take full credit for TJ's accomplishments.

6 comments:

Mark Osler said...

It was your endorsement that got me tenure, I believe. Which was, in fact, before you even got to the school, making it even more impressive.

Jon Swanburg said...

Editor of Law Review is cool and all but does something really need editing if only four people will ever read it?

Maybe his time would be better spent running the spell check on this hear blog.

Jon Swanburg said...

Umm . . . I meant to say, "here." Maybe Poseur needs a comment editor as well.

Anonymous said...

Four people don't read the law review articles! In the selection and editing process 10-15 students generally read each article (most of them read more than one article). In all, probably about 3/4 of the law review members will read at leasts part of each issue. After that nobody will ever look at it again, but the total is way more than four. So, Swanburg, you're wrong. All those hundreds of hours and at least a room filled with Baylor Law students will read it. Too bad nobody outside the confines of the Law Review office ever will.

Mark Osler said...

I read it.

Mostly because Baker told me to, though.

TJ said...

it's true, it was all bakers doing.