Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Caps and Gowns

I picked up my cap and gown from the bookstore the other day. I look like a giant muppet with them on. I don't think anything has ever looked better.

Dean Essary has accepted our invitation to speak at graduation, which is extremely exciting. I don't think I'm alone in considering her my favorite first year professor, and Baylor suffered a real loss when she went off to become the Dean of Campbell (mascot: the Camels). Here's hoping she says "duty" at least once. I can't think of anyone I would rather speak at graduation.

Hey, it looks like they're gonna let me graduate! Go me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Camels!!! I'm getting all nostalgic thinking about "duty" and "IIED."

I love these gowns...makes me feel important. But, am I alone in wondering how this whole hood thing works? I mean mine looks like it has a place for what I can only (non-vulgarly) think would be a long pony-tail.

Anonymous said...

Congrats dude!!! Don't let that trick knee get you on the way up to the stage!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am sure you will be fine when walking across the stage. I am very interested to hear Essary speak, as she left before I arrived at BLS.

Enjoy the feeling of (quasi) freedom!

Anonymous said...

tequila and other non-tequila alcoholic beverages for everyone's graduation...check and check

Anonymous said...

Congrats! As for the "hood" that provides interesting pocket shaped locations...the Dean at our graduation noted that they were designed as such by monks way back when so they could carry their quills, parchment and of course...their BOOZE! Get the Baylor ppl to admit that one! Congrats again!