Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Heavenly Commune

Acosta and I were sitting on my back porch, stone cold sober (an important detail), and we somehow got talking about the legal ramifications of property ownership in heaven. It's conversations like these that remind me that we really will make excellent PC partners because I think we may be the only two people who can have a conversation about the Law in the Jurisdiction of Heaven when we are under the influence of Thai food. I come by weird and dorky honestly.

Anyway, it was suggested that there is no property ownership in heaven and that God was the owner of everything in heaven. Our souls do not have possessions, excepting the harp. So, if we own nothing and God owns everything... that means Acosta believes heaven is communist. Jerry seemed to back him up on this, and I defer to Jerry on matters of faith because he has a lot of it. We asked him to report back to us when he goes to heaven.

Acosta and I's heaven applications are still pending. But I hear we've been wait-listed, and that's very exciting. Even if they are a bunch of commies.

5 comments:

Jeremy Masten said...

I knew a guy in college who said that the best form of government would be a communist theocracy with God in charge. He was a Christian studies major, tho. What do seminarians know about political science and the rule of law?

Anonymous said...

If men were angels, no government would be necessary. So I submit to you that there will be no government in heaven.

Jeremy Masten said...

I'm sure I don't need to remind you of this: this.

Richard Pittman said...

Dude, what happened to your bullpen?

Anonymous said...

30-3? The O's might could use my 9 year-old. Heck, even I could give up fewer than 30 runs.

You must be proud...