Friday, August 24, 2007

The End of Summer

We were hanging out at the pool yesterday, and I realized this was going to be one of the last times in a long time I was going to be able to just chill out and do nothing. I'm really going to miss nothing as I begin PC. Here's a short list of things I'm going to miss most:

- TV. TV is awesome. Don't let anyone tell you differently. For all of those people who talk about how TV is bad for you and whatnot, I have to think they are watching a different device than I am. Because the stuff which comes on my TV is great.

- Cooking. I'm not a great cook, but I get by. But I don't think I'm going to have time to perfect that recipe for my mom's spinach dip.

- Karaoke. I do love me the Wednesday night Scruffy's karaoke. I don't even need beer to get up on a stage and act stupid. Seriously? Someone is willingly going to give me a microphone? Awesome.

- Movies. Godspeed Galaxy Starplex, I shall miss you. It's not like the studios save their good movies for the fall anyway... oh. Wait. They do.

- Ping pong. I have to hang up the paddle and my ridiculous two-handed backhand.

- Smiling. I hear there's not even time in PC to smile. After trudging through the first day assignment, I think they are correct.

I now rely on the rest of you to have fun for me. Please fill me in on what I good time I am having. Sigh. Back to the books, it seems.

3 comments:

Mark Osler said...

Hey! Which did you pick-- cookies or brownies? Powell and Wren are getting impatient and I said I would relay your answer for you.

Anonymous said...

Ooh ooh - pick brownies. Special brownies!

Poseur said...

I feel there is no correct answer to this question, but I shall go with the cookies. I love the chocolate chips.