Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Psychology of a Fight

I'm usually the level-headed one on our flag football team, which runs contrary to my personality. But it's usually someone else throwing a football at someone's head. I guess last night was my turn as I almost got in a fight during law school intramurals, which is even dumber when you write it out. Really, who cares?

However, at the time, I loomed over the kid with all of my looming ability. Yes, I can loom, and yes, it is a skill which requires practice. I like to take 6'2" out for a spin occasionally. And despite being at least six inches shorter and fifty pounds lighter than me, the other guy seemed ready to go. So you have to admire his spunk while questioning his judgment. Not that my judgment was all that stellar. Cooler heads prevailed and we shook hands.

After all, it's just intramural flag football. Even if I was ready to drop gloves. Which begs the question... why?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

see. This is why you need me there. To give you a standard of pissed off, so that you can be sure to fall below it.

Anonymous said...

Why? Because you're a boy. Duh.

Jon Swanburg said...

If I was half the cyborg you are I'd be fighting everything and everyone. Granted, it's probably because I watched The Terminator too many times as a child, but I'd fight nonetheless.