Friday, October 20, 2006

Game Seven

What a great game. If I'm gonna spend my evening not studying for finals, I want it to be worth my while. And that was everything I wanted in baseball game. Great pitching, a big home run, a tense final out with the bases loaded, and some great defense.


It was the kind of game that reminds me why I'm a baseball fan. Especially when the New York team loses. I also loved that we got to see some great pitching from some truly unexpected sources. I mean, really unexpected. Rob Neyer claimed today that, statistically speaking, Oliver Perez is the worst Game Seven starter ever. He'd throw a four-hitter over six innings. And I love any game won by the heroics of a Molina.

And this is an unintentionally funny photo which I'll let pass without further comment:




And now.... a haiku for Friday:

Game Seven drama.
Rather watch baseball than read,
He struck out looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless the Cardinals.

Amen.

Anonymous said...

You owe me Baker.

Poseur said...

Well, 10:32 was sort of ominous. I'm not sure what I owe to whom.

Now I'm indebted to someone and have no idea why. Yeesh.