Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Goonies Are Good Enough

I've had The Goonies DVD sitting on top of my TV for about a month and I've never found the time to watch it. So last night, while trying to unwind from a particuarly stressful day at work (in which no one threatened to gut me like a fish - in fact, everyone was quite nice), I popped it in.

Then I watched it again with the Commentary Track on. While Sean Astin looks a lot different and I can't believe Corey Feldman was ever that young... Josh Brolin looks exactly the same. Does he sleep in some sort of oxygen tent? Does he hang out with Dick Clark? Because he looks exactly like he did twenty years ago, only now with facial hair.

The movie? Still awesome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that movie too.

You absolutely HAVE to watch the Cyndi Lauper music video on that DVD; it's the craziest thing you've ever imagined. Plus, Andre the Giant shows up at the end!

Something about the commentary has always bothered me: Sean Astin says that there's something that he HAS to tell Cyndi Lauper, but then they distract him and he never says what it was. WHAT WAS HE GOING TO TELL HER? We'll never know.

Poseur said...

Well, sean Astin leaves to go make Lord of the Rings. I think that was sort of rude, just rubbing it in to everyone else in the room who is not working. Like he couldn't have gotten a flight two hours later.

Anonymous said...

I still cant believe that Brolin is Lewellen [not sure about the spelling] in No Country for Old Men...and I cant believe I only figured this out while really drunk and watching Goonies again for the umpteenth time this past year!

L

Anonymous said...

what was the name of the dance that they made chunk do?

clint

Kate said...

The dance was the "Truffle Shuffle". And you haven't seen "The Goonies" until you see it in a cave with Corey Feldman. Which, is actually kinda creepy if you think about it.

Anyway, totally off topic -- Steps on Chickens! Haven't seen you since McVoy Hall. For some reason I was thinking about you today, but couldn't for the life of me remember you last name. Google is now my best friend. And the reason my brain no longer needs to remember anything.