Friday, August 15, 2008

A Slight Return

Apparently, I have a fanbase. Not much of one, but enough people have been checking this space and getting irritate by the sheer lack of updates. Because no one can bring the funny like law school funny.

So, after an extended vacation in which I droned on for a long time about the Tour de France on another blog And LSU for yet another blog (that’s right, my dork powers are slowly spreading across the interwebs, eventually I’ll be showing up doing guest columns on music blogs on why your favorite band sucks), I am back. I’m doing some housecleaning around here, cleaning out cobwebs, and I’m certainly disinfecting some of blogger which has gone unused for awhile. The mold in here is sort of scary.

Which begs the question: why no updates? Does Poseur think he’s too good for you? Has he been too busy? Has he found other interests? And why is he referring to himself in third person? Doesn’t he realize he sounds like a pompous ass at best and an absolute moron at worst when he does that?*

*The answers: I’ve been trying to adjust to working life. No. Yes. No, unless tennis counts. Because it’s Poseur’s blog and Poseur makes his own rules. Absolutely.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go back to watch an obscene amount of Olympic coverage. Did you know you could watch team handball online? And that the brackets for table tennis are absolutely incomprehensible? Or that judo’s scoring system is almost impossible to explain? Yeah. Me neither. Of course I wouldn’t watch obscure sports on the internet. What kind of no-life loser do you think I am?

Oh. Right. Nevermind then. Ooo! Fencing! Gotta go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poseur's back. This just made my night! Sweetness, pie and cake and obscure sports rise again.

Love,
Matt

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well. Can't believe it's been 12 years (at least) since we hung out at LSU. I'll be in the Uptown area next weekend visiting friends. Email me if you'd like to hang out.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are alive.

We are in Florida. I am single handedly holding off Hurricane Fay with any leftover Seminary Karma that wasn't used up in PC.

I found myself watching water polo today. They wear dorky hats, but it was surprisingly interesting.